Circumferential lower body lift
Circumferential lower body lift, also known as circumferential belt lipectomy, is effective for circumferential removal of excess skin and fat around the waist (abdomen and back).
It is usually performed after massive weight loss (achieved by diet or in patients undergoing bariatric surgery – gastric band, gastric bypass, gastric sleeve or others). Aging, sun damage, pregnancy, significant fluctuations in weight and genetic factors may contribute to poor tissue elasticity that can result in sagging of the abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
Lower body lift improves contour of the abdomen, back, buttock and thigh (posterior and lateral thigh). The result is a better-proportioned appearance with smoother contours. The procedure can also improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface. Liposuction can be performed simultaneously to remove excess fat deposits.
The surgical procedure takes 3 to 5H.
It is performed under general anaesthesia.
It is performed in inpatient basis (at least 2 nights).
- Acetaminophen or ibuprofen for routine pain control
- Enoxaparin for thrombosis prevention
- Prophylactic antibiotics (short course)
4 to 8 weeks
- Usually used and will be removed after drainage reduction
- Usually this happens 3 to 5 days after surgery
- Upright position not possible until 1 or 2 weeks
- Abdomen massage 3 weeks after surgery
- Light aerobic exercise or professional activity after 2 to 3 weeks
- Heavy lifting after 6 weeks
Complications and surgical risks
The main complications described are:
- Wound healing complications
- Unsatisfactory scarring, hypertrophic scar or keloid
- Asymmetric scar
- Loss or malposition of the umbilicus
Breast augmentation involves the introduction of an implant (made of silicone gel or saline) to increase the breast size. It is indicated in women that have an inadequate breast volume or that you have the desire to restore the natural volume after weight loss, pregnancy or aging (...)
Liposuction, sometimes referred to as “lipo” by patients, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. It is done to remove fat from this area, through minimal incisions. One treatment may be all you need to reshape problem areas and the results are more consistent and predictable than non-invasive treatments (...)
Face lift and neck lift
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck.
It will improve skin sagging on face and neck, reduce the fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth, reduce loose skin and excess fat of the neck that can appear as a double chin, (...)