Hyaluronic acid is the substance of choice for patients who wish to fill wrinkles or furrows or increase the volume of facial areas (eg lips). It is a normal component of the ground substance responsible for dermal hydration.
Hyaluronic acid was approved by the FDA in 2003. Its use has supplanted collagen as the biologic filler of choice.
It can be applied on lips, tear trough, cheekbones, nose, ear lobes, nasolabial folds, chin, neck and hands.
The treatments are safe and fully reversible. Results are visible, immediate and predictable. They allow immediate return to your professional activity or daily routine.
Hyaluronic acid is a reabsorbable compound and lasts approximately 6-9 months.
- Bruising can be decreased by stopping medications that inhibit clotting 10-14 days before treatment. These include aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and vitamin E.
- A local anesthetic may be applied in the face 1 hour before the procedure.
- Return to work immediately after the procedure
- Antiviral prophylaxis is indicated for those with a history of Herpes simplex
- Avoid sun exposure
- After injection, patients should cool the area with ice packs for the first 24 hours and take oral antihistamines
- Expect 3-5 days of swelling
- Bruising may last up to 1 week
Breast augmentation involves the introduction of an implant (made of silicone gel or saline) to increase the breast size. It is indicated in women that have an inadequate breast volume or that you have the desire to restore the natural volume after weight loss, pregnancy or aging (...)
Liposuction, sometimes referred to as “lipo” by patients, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. It is done to remove fat from this area, through minimal incisions. One treatment may be all you need to reshape problem areas and the results are more consistent and predictable than non-invasive treatments (...)
Face lift and neck lift
A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck.
It will improve skin sagging on face and neck, reduce the fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth, reduce loose skin and excess fat of the neck that can appear as a double chin, (...)